Re: Fw: Karelian ASSR

From: Anto'nio Martins-Tuva'lkin (antonio@tuvalkin.web.pt)
Date: Thu Jan 02 2003 - 07:27:50 EST

    On 2002.12.27, 13:55, Valeriy E. Ushakov <uwe@ptc.spbu.ru> wrote:

    > Constitution says that the republics shall have the right to institute
    > their own state languages. This law puts a constraint on that right.
    > My understanding is that if a republic wants to institute a state
    > language that is not written in cyrillic, the decision must be made at
    > a federal level.

    What will happend to hebrew-spelled yiddish in . .? (Or is
    it just republics and not "federation subjects" at large? And, if so,
    why?) Will this bring even more new chracters to the Cyrillic blocks?

    -- ____.
    Antonio MARTINS-Tuvalkin, trying not to slip off topic | ()|
    <antonio@tuvalkin.web.pt> |####|
    R. Laureano de Oliveira, 64 r/c esq. |
    PT-1885-050 MOSCAVIDE (LRS) No me invejo de quem tem |
    +351 917 511 549 carros, parelhas e montes |
    http://www.tuvalkin.web.pt/bandeira/ s me invejo de quem bebe |
    http://pagina.de/bandeiras/ a gua em todas as fontes |