Re: PRC asking for 956 precomposed Tibetan characters

From: Doug Ewell (dewell@adelphia.net)
Date: Thu Jan 09 2003 - 11:25:06 EST

    Robert R. Chilton <acip at well dot com> wrote:

    > It should be mentioned that there are different normalized forms; I've
    > been referring, more or less, to "Normalization Form D" --which is the
    > form needed by processes that do searching and sorting.

    This is perhaps a bit oversimplified. Processes that do searching and
    sorting on Unicode text should be able to work with text in any
    normalization form, converting to and from NFD as necessary. They
    shouldn't be constrained to operating correctly only on text that is
    already in NFD, which is the impression I got from Robert.

    -Doug Ewell
     Fullerton, California