Re: LATIN LETTER N WITH DIAERESIS?

From: Kenneth Whistler (kenw@sybase.com)
Date: Tue Jan 28 2003 - 14:05:37 EST

    Curtis asked:

    > I have a distinct memory of a precomposed Latin letter n with diaeresis
    > (as in the band Spinal Tap), but now I can't find it. It doesn't matter
    > to me whether it exists or not, other than helping me to understand my
    > memory. Am I missing it? Did it exist once and is now gone? Or am I
    > making it all up?

    The Unicode Standard has precomposed letters with diaeresis:

    Latin a, e, i, o, u, y, h, t, w, x
    Greek upsilon
    Cyrillic a, schwa, zhe, ze, i, o, barred o, e, u, che, yeru

    No n with diaeresis. Never did and never will.

    So this appears to be a case of false memory, perhaps brought
    on by listening to "Back from the Dead" (cranked up to 11)
    too many times. ;-)

    --Ken