compatibility between unicode 2.0 and 3.0

From: Erik.Ostermueller@alltel.com
Date: Fri Jan 31 2003 - 15:28:46 EST

    We have a large amount of C++ that currently has Unicode 2.0 support.

    Could you all help me figure out what types of operations will fail
    if we attempt to pass Unicode 3.0 thru this code?

    I can start the list off with

    -sorting
    -searching for text
    -text comparison
    -other character classification (isSpace, isDigit, etc...).

    I'm understand that these operations probably won't work in ALL cases.
    But how about basic plumbing code -- creating and copying string?

    As I mentioned in my last post, I've enjoyed
    listening in on this forum -- I've learned a whole lot.

    Thanks,

    --Erik Ostermueller