Re: Indic Devanagari Query

From: Peter_Constable@sil.org
Date: Wed Feb 05 2003 - 12:15:45 EST

    On 02/05/2003 04:05:44 AM "Andrew C. West" wrote:

    >> If these alternate forms were needed to be displayed in a single
    >> multi-lingual plain-text file, wouldn't we need some method of
    >> tagging the runs of Latin text for their specific languages?
    >
    >Is this not what the variation selectors are available for ?

    That is a possible technical solution to such variations, though specific
    character+variant combinations would have to be approved and documented by
    UTC. It's not the only solution, and might or might not be the best.

    - Peter

    Peter Constable

    7500 W. Camp Wisdom Rd., Dallas, TX 75236, USA
    Tel: +1 972 708 7485