Re: list etiquette (was Re: Tailoring of normalization

From: Tex Texin (tex@i18nguy.com)
Date: Wed Feb 05 2003 - 21:13:26 EST

    I don't know about others, but my filters place messages in different folders,
    EXCEPT when my name is on the cc or to list.
    In that case, the message is left in my inbox for more immediate review and
    possible response.

    The Unicode lists are also slow to send mail so there can be a significant
    delay (an hour or more at times). Having the name on the mail can speed

    There probably isn't a one-size fits all solution, short of those not wanting
    a response changing their reply-to address to "delete@me.org".

    tex

    Peter_Constable@sil.org wrote:

    > On 02/04/2003 10:58:54 AM Rick McGowan wrote:
    >
    > >(Number one: Please don't CC me on this discusion. I'm on the list and I
    > >don't need 2 copies of every mail.)
    >
    > I wish everyone made a habit of not cc'ing those already on the list -- I
    > likewise don't like receiving personally-addressed copies of messages sent
    > to the list.

    Making e-Business Work Around the World