Re: Never say never

From: Markus Scherer (markus.scherer@jtcsv.com)
Date: Tue Feb 11 2003 - 13:46:44 EST

    Marco Cimarosti wrote:
    > It has been repeated a lot of times that no more precomposed character will
    > never ever ever ever be added. ...

    Stability requires that no more precomposed characters will be added that are equivalent to
    sequences of already-existing other characters. This is because it would change the NFC form for
    those sequences.

    Nothing prevents new precomposed characters involving completely new characters. For example, the
    precomposed musical symbols did not need to be composition exclusions.

    markus

    --
    Opinions expressed here may not reflect my company's positions unless otherwise noted.