Re: Everson Mono

From: Roozbeh Pournader (roozbeh@sharif.edu)
Date: Fri Feb 14 2003 - 11:45:57 EST

    On Fri, 14 Feb 2003, Michael Everson wrote:

    > >Well, since many of us can't open that on a PC, would you tell us
    > >the number of glyphs so we can correct you if we found about any
    > >bigger monowidth font?
    >
    > 7,072

    Wow! The next biggest monowidth non-CJK font I know, has just 5,013. It
    has Latin, Greek, Cyrillic, Armenian, Georgian, Ethiopic, Hebrew, Arabic,
    Thai, Ogham, Runic, Braille, and a lot of those phonetic and technical
    stuff. No Indic, no non-BMP. But the very nice thing about it, is that
    it's public domain:

            http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/ucs-fonts.html

    Well, to be honest, I know of a monowidth font that may have more glyphs
    than Everson Mono. But I guess that doesn't count, since it's a
    single-application font. The SC Unipad's internal font:

            http://www.unipad.org/

    roozbeh