Re: Converting old TrueType fonts to Unicode

From: Sayamindu Dasgupta (unmadindu@Softhome.net)
Date: Fri Feb 14 2003 - 13:52:08 EST

    On Fri, 2003-02-14 at 22:30, Alan Wood wrote:
    > Two people have recently asked me how to convert TrueType fonts to make them
    > Unicode compliant. One person wants to do this for Cyrillic, and the other
    > for Byzantine Musical Symbols.
    >
    > I know nothing about creating or modifying fonts, so I hope one of you will
    > be willing to share your expertise.

    We have been working on that for some time
    (www.nongnu.org/freebangfont/) - but we are not experts with that.
    However, the usual procedure is to use a font editor like pfaedit
    (http://pfaedit.sourceforge.net/) and cut-paste the glyphs to the proper
    places so that they occupy the proper places.
    However pfaedit has some problems with ttf files, and you may use some
    commercial font developing tools (no ideas on that).
    -regards-
    Sayamindu

    --
    Sayamindu Dasgupta [ http://www.peacefulaction.org/sayamindu/ ]