Re: Plane 14 Tag Deprecation Issue

From: jameskass@att.net
Date: Fri Feb 14 2003 - 21:57:31 EST

    .
    William Overington wrote on the subject of Plane Fourteen tags
    and closed with a haiku.

    Since the best arguments in favor of not deprecating Plane
    Fourteen tags of necessity involve suggested or potential
    uses for those characters, and it has been mentioned that
    discussing such potential is frivolous at best and that such
    potential uses aren't valid arguments against deprecation
    (at least to those who are prejudiced in this regard),
    I guess the only thing I can do at this point is to close
    with a haiku:

    Wanting usefulness
    Formally deprecated
    Null and voided now