Re: TrueType Explorer (was RE: Everson Mono)

From: Adam Twardoch (list.adam@twardoch.com)
Date: Mon Feb 17 2003 - 15:27:49 EST

    > From: Doug Ewell [mailto:dewell@adelphia.net]

    > On a somewhat related note, here's a utility I'd like: something that
    could
    > look inside a TrueType or OpenType font and tell me what Unicode code
    points
    > it covers (i.e. has one or more glyphs for).

    Try FontExpert 2003 for Windows:
    http://www.proximasoftware.com/fontexpert.htm

    It can filter the installed and uninstalled fonts by character set and gives
    you the ability to view a particular Unicode subset of all or filtered
    fonts. Clicking on a glyph gives you a large preview. Altogether, quite
    handy.

    Another useful utility is BabelMap for Windows:
    http://uk.geocities.com/BabelStone1357/Software/BabelMap.html

    Adam