Re: UTF-8 Editors? (Was XML and tags)

From: Edward H Trager (ehtrager@umich.edu)
Date: Sat Feb 22 2003 - 12:03:00 EST

    Thanks to Jungshik Shin and John Cowan for suggestions regarding UTF-8
    editors!

    It turns out that the version of vim that I have does indeed work under
    xterm for an assortment of LTR languages (Indian languages not tested),
    but not Arabic (the only RTL language tested) --I must have had LC_TYPE
    incorrectly set previously. But vim still misbehaves under mlterm -- I
    wonder what's so different about mlterm compared to xterm (especially
    since mlterm appears to handle RTL Arabic correctly?