RE: Ya-phalaa

From: Andy White (Andy__White@btinternet.com)
Date: Wed Mar 05 2003 - 19:27:56 EST

    James Kass said:
    > Exactly. This would seem to work without breaking anything
    > existing and would not mean extending the semantics of ZWNJ.
    >
    > Have you since changed your mind about this?

    No!
    This is an example of stating something that can be read in two ways -
    unfortunatly you took an unintended meaning :-(

    Re-iterating in reverse should get the point across, I hope:
    I think that a ZWNJ would imply that Ra and Ya should not join together.
    (ZWNonJoiner)
    But I remembered that in some font designs Ra and Ya *do* join together
    (they make a ligature.)
    Therefore Ra+ZWNJ+Virama+Ya cannot represent Ra+Yaphalaa when they form
    a ligature.

    Andy