Re: The display of *kholam* on PCs

From: John Hudson (tiro@tiro.com)
Date: Thu Mar 06 2003 - 10:31:14 EST

    At 06:29 AM 3/6/2003, Dean Snyder wrote:

    >The most elegant fonts I am aware of for classical Hebrew are produced by
    >Linguist's Software, <http://linguistsoftware.com/>. Their HebraicaII is
    >used by Biblia Hebraica, the Oxford Hebrew Bible Project, and the Dead
    >Sea Scrolls Project.

    The Society of Biblical Literature has set up a Fonts Foundation to fund
    the development of high quality OpenType fonts for Biblical scholarship.
    The SBL Hebrew font is currently in beta testing, and will be followed by
    Greek and Latin extensions. If anyone is interested in finding out more
    about this project, or about becoming a partner in the Font Foundation,
    they should contact Kent Richards or Patrick Durusau at SBL. I can provide
    contact information if contacted off-list.

    John Hudson

    Tiro Typeworks www.tiro.com
    Vancouver, BC tiro@tiro.com

    It is necessary that by all means and cunning,
    the cursed owners of books should be persuaded
    to make them available to us, either by argument
    or by force. - Michael Apostolis, 1467