Unicode character transformation through XSLT

From: Jain, Pankaj (MED, TCS) (Pankaj.Jain@med.ge.com)
Date: Mon Mar 10 2003 - 20:10:35 EST

    Hi
    My problem is that, I am getting Unicode character(\uFFE2\uFF80\uFF93)
    from resource bundle property file which is equivalent to ndash(-) and
    its works fine in html and XML but while Transformation through XSLT, it
    unable to interpret it. and hence in I am getting ???in stead of ndash.
    But if pass &ndash from resource bundle and in xml if I declare
    <!DOCTYPE xsl:stylesheet [<!ENTITY ndash "&#8211;">]>, than i am able to
    see proper output.
    In XML I am using UTF-8 encoding.
    So let me know how I can use Unicode character (\uFFE2\uFF80\uFF93) in
    XSL to resolve my issue because I will get only Unicode character from
    property file.

    pls help in this area and let me know how to implement above.

    Thanks & Regards,
    Pankaj Jain.
    GE Medical System,
    Waukesha, WI-53186