Re: sorting order between win98/xp

From: Michael \(michka\) Kaplan (michka@trigeminal.com)
Date: Tue Mar 11 2003 - 19:29:42 EST

    From: "Yung-Fong Tang" <ftang@netscape.com>

    > One of my colleague ask me this question.

    Not much to do with Unicode, though. Is it?

    > We use LCMapStringW on WinXP and LCMapStringA
    > on Win98 (by using LCMAP_SORTKEY ). And we got
    > different sorting order for the following
    >
    > Example of message list ordering in Win98:
    > TESTING #1
    > TESTING #10
    > TESTING #100
    > TESTING #11
    >
    > While, the message list ordering in WinXP:
    > TESTING #1
    > TESTING #10
    > TESTING #11
    > TESTING #100
    >
    > Anyone know is there a way to make them sort in the same order?

    Use the same OS? Or at least stay on NT-based systems, rather than
    mixing 9x and NT....

    > Anyone know why the sort order is different under that two systems?
    > The are running under the same locale.

    The compat. issues are taken much more seriously now then they were
    then (esp. between 9x and NT). For apps running on old platforms, they
    are kind of stuck with time before such a thing existed. When apps
    like Office and Jet and SQL Server have wanted to keep compatibile
    orderings, they actually shipped their own tables for those
    platforms....

    MichKa