Re: sorting order between win98/xp

From: Doug Ewell (dewell@adelphia.net)
Date: Thu Mar 13 2003 - 20:09:02 EST

    Yung-Fong Tang wrote:

    >> Note that I'm speaking in terms of programmable sorting. I really
    >> don't care how filenames in Windows Explorer are sorted.
    >
    > Me neither. That is just to be used to show the problem is in the OS
    > level instead of programming error in our code.

    Wait wait wait. Are we sure there even is a problem?

    Frank originally wrote about "LCMapStringW on WinXP and LCMapStringA on
    Win98" having this difference in behavior.

    Michka wrote back that CompareString doesn't do this, but StrCmpLogicalW
    does.

    Looks like we'd better decide exactly which comparison routines we're
    talking about, on which revisions of which OSs, and check the official
    Microsoft documentation of these routines before deciding anything.

    -Doug Ewell
     Fullerton, California
     http://users.adelphia.net/~dewell/