Re: CJK question

From: Allen Haaheim (haaheima@interchange.ubc.ca)
Date: Sat Mar 22 2003 - 19:12:53 EST

    I tried what you suggested with unipad, but for some reason it went to a
    location on a PUA character map, rather than CJK Unified Ideographs
    Extension B, where they are in fact located. I guess it is because Unipad
    doesn't support Extension B yet, or else I am doing something wrong. But
    thanks for directing me to the Unipad website, I'm sure it will be useful.

    Here is a sample line of text with the two graphs as blanks (on my machine),
    second and third from the left. They are No. 2835C and 283B9 respectively,
    on p.152 of the Extension B pdf:

    心而鮮歡。望天涯而佇念,擢雄劍而長歎。

    The page this text is from is
    http://www.chant.org/scripts/frame.asp?t=b&id=000675 I don't think
    you'll get into the site unless you or your university is a member.

    The basic problem may be because I may need to upgrade before I can see and
    use Extension B characters. Thanks for your suggestion, and any more you
    might have.

    Allen