Re: Characters for Cakchiquel

From: Kenneth Whistler (kenw@sybase.com)
Date: Fri Mar 28 2003 - 18:00:33 EST

    > But I do find, in the vocabulary and
    > index, words starting with tz are sorting after quatrillo con coma (it
    > goes z, tresillo, quatrillo, quatrillo con coma, tz). So even for this
    > text, a tz ligature is marginal.
                             ^^^^^^^^
                             irrelevant to the sorting issue

    Whether this text element is spelled "tz" or "t-ezh" or something
    else, and whether the characters are ligated or not, is irrelevant
    to the issue of sorting the "tz" at the end of lists. That
    is handled by a different mechanism than character encoding,
    and any such sequences as "quatrillo con coma" or "tz" which
    need to be handled as units simply get contractions defined
    for them in the collation element weighting tables.

    --Ken