Re: Exciting new software release!

From: Pim Blokland (pblokland@planet.nl)
Date: Thu Apr 03 2003 - 14:06:57 EST

    Doug Ewell schreef:

    > they also should not use Mathematical Alphanumeric Symbols
    > to create bold, italic, or double-struck effects in plain text.

    Why not? I mean, I understand the Mathematical symbols are not
    intended for use as styled versions of normal text, but I read
    between the lines that characters such as these are ALWAYS frowned
    upon in plain text; are only meant to be used in specialized
    environments such as scientific formula editors?

    Pim Blokland