Re: newbie 18030 font question

From: Yung-Fong Tang (ftang@netscape.com)
Date: Thu Apr 03 2003 - 19:54:28 EST

    We add GB18030 support into Mozilla and also add 32 bit cmap support on
    windows into Mozilla about a year ago. The Linux and Mac 32-bit cmap
    support is a little bit behind

    I think we first have GB18030 encoding support in Netscape in Netscape 6.2
    You should be able to see whatever the characters in Netscape 7 if your
    system have a font which contains the glyph

    Try the following test page

    http://people.netscape.com/ftang/testscript/gb18030/gb18030.cgi?page=10

    It is coded according to the hard copy of GB18030 spec. (and I also add
    more pages which beyond the GB18030 spec to test the > BMP part)