f-hook (was Re: Awful Unicode character names )

From: Kenneth Whistler (kenw@sybase.com)
Date: Fri Apr 11 2003 - 18:37:35 EDT

    Michael wrote:

    > I'd say that the character which needs adding is something so that
    > African languages can be written normally with both roman and italic
    > forms.

    No, U+0192 is that character, and already has the correct
    properties for it. The challenge for the type designer of
    fonts for African languages is to design an f-with-hook that
    looks right in roman fonts and a italic glyph for f-with-hook
    that looks right in italic fonts.

    We don't need another *character* for this.

    --Ken