Re: Languages A-Z

From: John Cowan (
Date: Fri Apr 25 2003 - 11:47:53 EDT

    Doug Ewell scripsit:

    > It's probably no better than 5 in 10. I think I'll conduct a poll at
    > work today.

    The question's a bit artificial: U.S. people only run into ~ (outside
    computer contexts) as part of ņ, and even hispanophones will think of
    this as a unique letter, the letter "eņe".

    "No, John.  I want formats that are actually       John Cowan
    useful, rather than over-featured megaliths that
    address all questions by piling on ridiculous
    internal links in forms which are hideously
    over-complex." --Simon St. Laurent on xml-dev