Re: Languages A-Z

From: John Cowan (cowan@mercury.ccil.org)
Date: Fri Apr 25 2003 - 11:47:53 EDT

    Doug Ewell scripsit:

    > It's probably no better than 5 in 10. I think I'll conduct a poll at
    > work today.

    The question's a bit artificial: U.S. people only run into ~ (outside
    computer contexts) as part of ņ, and even hispanophones will think of
    this as a unique letter, the letter "eņe".

    --
    "No, John.  I want formats that are actually       John Cowan
    useful, rather than over-featured megaliths that   http://www.ccil.org/~cowan