Re: [OT] multilingual support in MS products (was Re: Kurdish ghayn)

From: John Hudson (tiro@tiro.com)
Date: Mon Apr 28 2003 - 17:05:57 EDT

    At 08:43 AM 4/28/2003, Doug Ewell wrote:

    >BTW, notice in this thread how consistently users are typing the
    >individual letters I and J to refer to the precomposed IJ character.
    >That should tell us a lot about how necessary this precomposed character
    >really is to support Dutch.

    Oh, I was doing it to reinforce the point that the precomposed IJ character
    is unnecessary. An entire discussion devoted to this character can be
    conducted entirely with the characters I and J :)

    John Hudson

    Tiro Typeworks www.tiro.com
    Vancouver, BC tiro@tiro.com

    As for the technique of trimming the nib,
    Do not be greedy!
    I will not reveal its nuances; I withhold its secrets.
                       - Ibn al-Bawwab, Ra'iyyah