Re: Accented IJ

From: David Starner (dvdeug@ispwest.com)
Date: Tue Apr 29 2003 - 13:50:14 EDT

    On Tue, Apr 29, 2003 at 07:39:22PM +0200, Marco Cimarosti wrote:
    > BTW, you could NOT encode that with the precomposed "ij" (U+0133 <ij
    > ligature>), because two accents applied to a single base character would
    > display on top of each other.

    Sure you could; just use U+030B, the combinding double acute accent. Or,
    alternately, your implementation could accept that the glyph form of ij
    with an acute accent has two acute accents, sort of like the combining
    circumflex turns into an apostrophe over some characters.

    --
    David Starner - dvdeug@email.ro
    Ic sæt me on anum leahtrice, ða com heo and bát me!