RE: Normalisation question

From: Kent Karlsson (kentk@md.chalmers.se)
Date: Fri May 02 2003 - 06:54:36 EDT

    Stefan Persson wrote:

    > Is "x + COMBINING DIACRITICAL MARK 1 + COMBINING DIACRITICAL MARK 2 +
    > ... + COMBINING DIACRITICAL MARK n" equivalent to "x + the same
    > diacritical marks but in a different order"? What I mean with
    > diacritical marks are combining accents above and below, and
    > such things.

    Depends upon which permutation it is. Which permutations are
    equivalent or not is indirectly given by the UCD; see UAX 15.

    Note that xy is equivalent to yx (and yx is the order "preferred"
    over xy) if 0 < cc(y) < cc(x), where x and y are characters,
    and cc is the combining class function (given by the UCD).

                    /kent k