Re: how to sort by stroke (not radical/stroke)

From: Gary P. Grosso (
Date: Tue May 13 2003 - 16:19:17 EDT

    I want to thank everyone for their responses.

    I believe this code was written in C. We are now using C++ or
    Java for new code. A solution in any of these three languages
    would be of interest. Of course an algorithm is an algorithm.
    (Outside of work I mostly use Perl and VB, but my personal
    projects are generally smaller ones.)

    Any other opinions (besides Andrew C. West's) about the prevalence
    and/or suitability of this method versus radical/stroke or Pinyin?
    It would help us determine how much effort to spend on this.

    Thanks again,

    Gary Grosso
    Arbortext, Inc.
    Ann Arbor, MI, USA