Re: 'code unit' and 'code point' meaning check

From: Doug Ewell (dewell@adelphia.net)
Date: Fri May 16 2003 - 10:14:09 EDT

    William Overington <WOverington at ngo dot globalnet dot co dot uk>
    wrote:

    > It is nobody's day to pick on anybody. This list is not for picking
    on
    > people.

    I was being somewhat facetious. Philippe had made several assertions
    about Unicode that I felt needed correcting, and I found myself writing
    three such messages in the space of about 30 minutes. It was all
    intended constructively.

    Philippe and I are discussing some of these clarifications, and other
    issues of Unicode conformance, privately. AFAICT, he did not take any
    personal offense.

    -Doug Ewell
     Fullerton, California
     http://users.adelphia.net/~dewell/