FW: Malayalam Cillaksharams (was Ya-phalaa)

From: Marco Cimarosti (marco.cimarosti@essetre.it)
Date: Mon May 19 2003 - 12:43:01 EDT

    This was sent by mistake to the Unicode List Yahoo archive
    (unicode@yahoogroups.com).

    To join to the *REAL* Unicode List one should go here:

            http://www.unicode.org/consortium/distlist.html

    _ Marco

    Message: 1
       Date: Sat, 17 May 2003 15:31:44 -0000
       From: "cibu" <cibu@yahoo.com>
    Subject: Re: Malayalam Cillaksharams (was Ya-phalaa)

    Hi Michael,

    In the Malayalam Cillaksharams context I wanted to ask about the
    representation of one more conjuct - 'nta' (as in 'mint'). This
    character will look like a '.ra' below cillak.saram of 'na'. As per my
    understanding I would encode it as NA + VIRAMA + RRA + VIRAMA + RRA.
    But, is this correct?

    thanks,
    Cibu