Re: Unicode-compliant email manager on XP system

From: Rick McGowan (rick@unicode.org)
Date: Sat May 24 2003 - 13:02:06 EDT

    James Do wrote:

    > Outlook Express is superb with Unicode

    Hmmm, so it's different from MS Outlook? I'm not sure I get it. I thought
    Express was just a watered-down version of Outlook itself.

    The main problem with Outlook that I think Karljuergen is referring to has
    to do with those darned "winmail.dat" blobs. It doesn't seem possible, in
    my experience, to set up these MS mailers to _not_ send the occasional
    winmail.dat blob. Can't that be turned off?? People who use other mailers
    can't decode the attachments because they're not standard MIME...

            Rick