Re: Shift-JIS/Unicode mapping in JAVA

From: Jane Liu (xjliu_ca@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu May 29 2003 - 10:25:29 EDT

    Hi Philippe and Kazuhiro,

    Thanks for your quick response.

    I think I may made a mistake to give the code page alias name,
    actually, my program doesn't specify the encoding value explicitly.
    So by default, JVM will take the system default when it's
    initialized.

    Do you know which one is being taken by the SUN JVM as the default on
    Windows 2000 Japanese system?

    I guess base on Kazama-san's investigation, the alias name
    "Shift_JIS" might lead to a wrong mapping table, so if SUN did take
    it as the default then that's why I am having the different
    conversion result.

    Do you know if I use the alias "Windows-31J", then it will fix the
    problem? If so, then how could I specify this in the program to
    overwrite the default vaule taken by the JVM?

    Thank you very much!

    Jane