Re: Shift-JIS/Unicode mapping in JAVA

From: Kazuhiro Kazama (kazama@ingrid.org)
Date: Thu May 29 2003 - 13:02:10 EDT

    From: "Philippe Verdy" <verdy_p@wanadoo.fr>
    Subject: Re: Shift-JIS/Unicode mapping in JAVA
    Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 17:11:05 +0200
    > So it would cause problems with other compliant JVMs.

    Would you show the problem? I would like to analyze it. Anyway, I has
    already announced this change to the Japanese Java developers but I
    have received no report about problems. This solution isn't perfect
    but reasonable.

    If you are interested in Japanese character mapping problems, see "XML
    Japanese Profile".

    http://www.w3.org/TR/japanese-xml/

    We have already proposed the new version which uses "Windows-31J" to
    W3C. And we has already discuss this issue with Microsoft I18N
    engineers.

    Kazuhiro Kazama (kazama@ingrid.org) NTT Network Innovation Laboratories