Re: Yerushala(y)im - or Biblical Hebrew (was Major Defect in Combining Classes of Tibetan Vowels)

From: Peter_Constable@sil.org
Date: Fri Jun 27 2003 - 05:22:26 EDT

    Ken Whistler wrote on 06/26/2003 05:04:55 PM:

    > Another possibility to consider is U+2060 WORD JOINER, the
    > version of the zero width non-breaking space unfreighted with
    > the BOM confusion of U+FEFF.

    It wouldn't allow line breaks, but it would indicate an unwanted word
    boundary, no? (I don't have access to UTR14 at the moment, but the text
    Ken quoted

      "...inserting a word joiner between two characters has no
      effect on their ligating and cursive joining behavior. The
      word joiner should be ignored in contexts other than word
      or line breaking."

    wouldn't seem to make sense if WJ did not indicate a word boundary.)

    - Peter

    Peter Constable

    7500 W. Camp Wisdom Rd., Dallas, TX 75236, USA
    Tel: +1 972 708 7485