Re: Biblical Hebrew (Was: Major Defect in Combining Classes of Tibetan Vowels)

From: John Hudson (tiro@tiro.com)
Date: Fri Jun 27 2003 - 13:01:43 EDT

    At 02:53 AM 6/27/2003, Peter_Constable@sil.org wrote:

    >ISO: Then, obviously they need to correct their errors. I mean, it's not
    >like the wrong characters got encoded or something. Tell them to just fix
    >the errors; that can't be difficult to do, and is obviously the right
    >thing to do.

    That seems to be exactly what Michael 'as a member of WG2' is saying.

    What if the request to change the Hebrew combining classes came *from* W3C
    and/or IETF? I'm not saying that this is likely, but I'm wondering whether
    they might, in fact, not insist on stability for characters for which
    normalisation is currently broken anyway?

    John Hudson

    Tiro Typeworks www.tiro.com
    Vancouver, BC tiro@tiro.com

    If you browse in the shelves that, in American bookstores,
    are labeled New Age, you can find there even Saint Augustine,
    who, as far as I know, was not a fascist. But combining Saint
    Augustine and Stonehenge -- that is a symptom of Ur-Fascism.
                                                                 - Umberto Eco