Re: Yerushala(y)im - or Biblical Hebrew

From: Peter Kirk (peter.r.kirk@ntlworld.com)
Date: Tue Jul 08 2003 - 12:48:16 EDT

    On 08/07/2003 09:16, Philippe Verdy wrote:

    >Even if listed in the Canonical Composition Exclusion list, this would
    >not work: this list only refers to characters that are canonically
    >decomposable into a character pair, and that MUST be decomposed
    >and MUST NOT be recomposed when creating *either* a NFC or
    >NFD form.

    I am not trying to block reordering here. I accept that if the input
    data is patah - hiriq, this will (barring unacceptable changes to
    combining classes etc) always be normalised to hiriq - patah in both NFC
    and NFD. But normalisation forms don't specify rendering, and there are
    already well known exceptions to the general rule that the order of
    rendering follows the order of encoding. So all I am trying to suggest
    here is a way of specifying that the sequence hiriq - patah should be
    rendered as if it were patah - hiriq. Is there a way of doing that,
    without spilling too much sacred cow blood?

    --
    Peter Kirk
    peter.r.kirk@ntlworld.com