Re: Combining diacriticals and Cyrillic

From: James H. Cloos Jr. (cloos@jhcloos.com)
Date: Thu Jul 10 2003 - 21:48:10 EDT

    Andrew> 1) appropraite fonts. I only know of two that are suitable:
    Andrew> Code2000 (v. 1.13) ... [and] Doulos SIL (v 0.6 - Beta).

    The version of the Lucida fonts Sun ships w/ its Java JREs also do a
    good job of rendering the example page. Unfortunately mozilla does
    not render the combining glyphs as well as pango does.

    Pango does well with several other fonts, including CMU (a set of
    type1 fonts based on Knuth’s Computer Modern, but put together in a
    unicode-friendly fashion). I suspect Adobe’s Pro fonts ought to do
    well, also.

    -JimC