Re: About the European MES-2 subset

From: Peter Kirk (peter.r.kirk@ntlworld.com)
Date: Sun Jul 20 2003 - 18:47:04 EDT

    On 20/07/2003 13:50, jameskass@att.net wrote:

    >>At 12:38 -0700 2003-07-20, Peter Kirk wrote:
    >>

    >>>Indeed. Where can I get the Last Resort font for Windows (2000)? If
    >>>the answer is nowhere, I guess I am stuck with Arial Unicode MS or
    >>>the horrible-looking (the J always grates!) Code2000.
    >>>

    >>I'll go have a chat with some of my Apple colleagues about this.
    >>

    >It's unlikely that your Apple colleagues can do anything for
    >the "J" in Code2000.
    >
    >Best regards,
    >
    >James Kass
    >.

    James, just to clarify since you are here: I am very grateful for the
    fonts Code2000 and Code2001 and that you have made these so easily
    available at http://home.att.net/~jameskass/. I don't like some of the
    glyph shapes, especially the J with a cross-bar like a T. But it is a
    lot better than nothing. When I need nice glyphs for particular Unicode
    ranges, I look elsewhere, though sometimes in vain. For example, who
    else even tries to cover the mathematial symbols in plane 1, at least in
    a downloadable font?

    --
    Peter Kirk
    peter.r.kirk@ntlworld.com