OT: Interfaces and, er, facilities

From: John Cowan (jcowan@reutershealth.com)
Date: Mon Jul 21 2003 - 13:49:48 EDT

    Michael (michka) Kaplan scripsit:

    > For developers, a capital "I" usually means interface -- in code certainly
    > but then often applied in life as only geeks can do.

    For "developers" read "thralls of Microsoft". Us Java folks know that
    the names of interfaces properly end in "-able" or "-ible"; they are
    deadjectival nouns that express what you *can do* with something.

    > discussing the
    > important new "IToilet" interface that would revolutionize our interaction
    > with commodes.

    Sounds like the quite genuine, but hastily disavowed, Microsoft Loo.

    --
    Knowledge studies others / Wisdom is self-known;      John Cowan
    Muscle masters brothers / Self-mastery is bone;       jcowan@reutershealth.com