RE: SPAM: Re: Hebrew hataf vowels (was: About CGJ)

From: Jony Rosenne (rosennej@qsm.co.il)
Date: Fri Jul 25 2003 - 14:01:54 EDT

    It is a Holam, rather than Vav Haluma, i.e. a vowel. The Dagesh doesn't make
    a difference.

    The pronunciation raises no difficulty, even when presented without points,
    as it is a feminine plural.

    In my bible it is the 14th word. The Maqaf only affects the pronunciation,
    not the word count. Otherwise the word count would change when the text is
    marked up with the Maqaf.

    Jony