Re: Yerushala(y)im - or Biblical Hebrew

From: Karljürgen Feuerherm (cuneiform@rogers.com)
Date: Tue Jul 29 2003 - 15:32:07 EDT

    Peter Kirk said:
    > So, in my opinion, we do need to make a few small changes so that the
    > one encoding is adequate for all Hebrew. If we do these carefully the
    > impact on naive Hebrew users will be minimal.

    I would hope that the degree of sophistication on the part of the user could
    be kept to a reasonable minimum by appropriate input methods and so on.

    Of course, people have to have some kind of understanding of what they are
    typing. Generally, people are responsible for knowing correct orthography,
    and if they don't know it, they mayk misteaks.

    So, people entering BH would have to know the appropriate rules. I don't
    think they would be onerous once decided upon.