Re: From [b-hebrew] Variant forms of vav with holem

From: John Cowan (cowan@mercury.ccil.org)
Date: Wed Jul 30 2003 - 21:30:50 EDT

    Bertrand Laidain scripsit:

    > Not exactly, in standard YIVO orthography, Yiddish p is pe (without
    > dagesh) and f is pe-rafe. In some yiddish books you will find pe-dagesh
    > for p but on the other hand f will be pe (without rafe).

    Well, I was drawing on http://www.yivoinstitute.org/yiddish/alefbeys.htm ,
    so if YIVO can't get its own orthography right, I don't know what to think.

    --
    Schlingt dreifach einen Kreis vom dies!    John Cowan <jcowan@reutershealth.com>
    Schliesst euer Aug vor heiliger Schau,     http://www.reutershealth.com