Issues in Hebrew - a document

From: Peter Kirk (peter.r.kirk@ntlworld.com)
Date: Thu Jul 31 2003 - 18:26:14 EDT

    I have written a draft document "Issues in the Representation of Pointed
    Hebrew in Unicode", which describes the issues which have been discussed
    on this list and elsewhere in the last month or so, and some which
    haven't. This includes examples of unusual forms scanned from BHS. I
    would be grateful for any comments, corrections etc - probably off list
    unless they are of general interest - so that I can tidy this up. In the
    final version I am likely to reduce the number of options in line with
    the developing consensus on the Unicode list.

    I have uploaded this draft document as a Word document to
    http://www.qaya.org/academic/hebrew/Issues-Hebrew-Unicode.doc, and as a
    web page (with some loss of formatting detail, but the images are all
    there) to http://www.qaya.org/academic/hebrew/Issues-Hebrew-Unicode.html.

    As www.qaya.org has been set up within the last 48 hours, it is possible
    that these pages will not yet be available to you, but they should be
    available tomorrow.

    (Sent to the Unicode list, with blind copies to a few who have been
    involved in off list discussions.)

    --
    Peter Kirk
    peter.r.kirk@ntlworld.com