Re: Handwritten EURO sign

From: Michael Everson (everson@evertype.com)
Date: Tue Aug 05 2003 - 12:19:24 EDT

    At 08:55 -0700 2003-08-05, Doug Ewell wrote:

    >The original legislative attempt to dictate the exact proportions (and
    >even color) of the euro sign, regardless of the font in use, was just
    >silly.

    That is very old history, as detailed on my website
    (http://www.evertype.com/standards/euro/euroglyph.html). More
    horrifying is the idiotic "euro is immune to grammar" error which
    continues to be broadcast daily by our television and radio stations,
    all because people with power lacked the moral courage to say "oops,
    yeah, that was the wrong interpretation of the Directive which was
    intended to ensure clean typography". Sigh.