Re: Colourful scripts and Aramaic

From: Karljürgen Feuerherm (cuneiform@rogers.com)
Date: Thu Aug 07 2003 - 18:03:41 EDT

    My knowledge of Aramaic script is a little scanty, but my understanding is
    more or less the same as Peter's.

    Which leads me to suggest that encoding Aramaic separately would be a bit
    like encoding Old Akkadian (Cuneiform) separately from NeoAssyrian
    (Cuneiform). Which would be a bit silly (and not what we are planning in
    that arena).... Note that some people are even willing to argue that the
    substrate languages might be considered distinct, too--in case that is the
    argument which would be applied to Aramaic.