Re: Questions on ZWNBS - for line initial holam plus alef

From: Peter Kirk (peter.r.kirk@ntlworld.com)
Date: Wed Aug 13 2003 - 14:43:19 EDT

    On 13/08/2003 11:09, Philippe Verdy wrote:

    >... For this reason, defective
    >combining sequences (combining characters without a leading base
    >character) should be forbidden (invalid for XML).

    If there is even the remotest possibility of this happening, we need to
    know quickly! Defective combining sequences are legal Unicode and are
    now being suggested for use in Hebrew e.g. for holam male. But such a
    definition would be useless if XML restricts the texts it can represent
    to a subset of Unicode excluding such sequences.

    --
    Peter Kirk
    peter@qaya.org (personal)