Re: [Way OT] Beer measurements

From: Doug Ewell (dewell@adelphia.net)
Date: Tue Aug 19 2003 - 11:31:43 EDT

    Michael Everson <everson at evertype dot com> wrote:

    >> 'Sblood, nay! I love the metric system as well as any, but have no
    >> desire to have my yard abolished.
    >
    > It shall pass the way of the cubit and the stadia....

    Not as long as educational materials for children continue to include
    conversion tables with esoteric Imperial units like the rod, furlong,
    and barrel. This crud serves as a deterrent to metric adoption, since
    kids are left to wonder why they should bother learning "yet another"
    measurement system with conversion factors like 39.37.

    -Doug Ewell
     Fullerton, California
     http://users.adelphia.net/~dewell/