RE: Hexadecimal never again

From: Jon Hanna (jon@spin.ie)
Date: Wed Aug 20 2003 - 12:43:14 EDT

    > Jon I was mostly being tongue in cheek and contrasting that relative to
    > needing new hex digits, a base change was more likely. However, I wasn't
    > saying that a base change is likely.

    And I was being tongue in cheek (and ignorant of Ethiopian script) in
    suggesting the use of base 256. However we both had serious points and my
    serious point disagrees with yours.

    Hexadecimal is used for good reasons; and while I'm not convinced about
    Jill's point I'm not convinced otherwise either. What do hackers with non
    Latin-based languages use for hex anyway?