RE: Proposed Draft UTR #31 - Syntax Characters

From: Jill.Ramonsky@Aculab.com
Date: Thu Aug 21 2003 - 05:44:45 EDT

    > This notice is relevant to anyone dealing with programming languages,
    query
    > specifications, regular expressions, scripting languages, and similar
    domains.

    That's me.

    I read the draft, and actually I was very happy with it. No complaints at
    all. I am particularly happy that the mathematical letters and numbers
    (1D400-1D7FF) will be permitted in identifiers. This is important because it
    allows mathematical expressions and programming-language expressions to use
    the same symbols (for the first time!). I also noted the comment about how
    specific porgramming languages could, if they wished, ignore <font>
    equivalences (and hence ignore the mathematical letters and numbers) - so I
    guess that keeps everyone happy.

    I would have used the feedback form, but I didn't see much point as I had no
    complaints.
    Jill