RE: [hebrew] Re: Proposed Draft UTR #31 - Syntax Characters

From: Jony Rosenne (rosennej@qsm.co.il)
Date: Sun Aug 24 2003 - 01:53:26 EDT

    When I went to school, in Israel, I learned to write the comma slanting from
    top left to bottom right, although in print it was the other way.

    Only during the discussions in the SII concerning 10646 and Unicode I became
    aware this is not common practice. I went to a library and found that in
    modern manuscripts on display there, about a quarter use this convention.

    Jony