TLG and Beta code

From: Raymond Mercier (raymondM@compuserve.com)
Date: Wed Aug 27 2003 - 04:49:20 EDT

    David,
    I am glad to see this much progress, yet, as I noticed after posting, the zero symbol is actually missing in
    beta code, so your Beta code -Unicode equivalences would not have it. I think it is fair to say that the TLG have avoided the parts of mathematical texts where the symbol is common, as in the various tables in Ptolemy's Almagest (where all the tables are omitted by TLG). This symbol is in reality more common than the rarities listed in quickbeta. In the editions I am involved with we use U+14D, o, which is near enough I suppose.

    Raymond